who are you?
you are a product & sourcing manager looking for a new challenge in an inspiring work environment. you long for a free and creative space where everything that is produced matters.
you will be working with a designer and a design & production coordinator. we are a small and tight team working closely with the engineers developing hardware products. we have our own atelier and do most of our prototyping in house with a highly skilled seamstress. projects are of mixed character from technically complex products to fun collaborations with external artists and brands.
role and responsibilities
- working closely with our suppliers
- product development from prototype to bulk production
- keep track of budget, margin and turnover targets
- develop and execute exit & pricing strategies together with team
- implement & develop sustainability strategy
- implement sourcing and supply chain strategy
- managing supplier relationships and negotiate terms of purchase
- managing sourcing process for materials, factories & suppliers
- minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- technically skilled & deep knowledge of garment and/or bag making
- technically skilled & deep knowledge of textile materials
- strong relationships with relevant suppliers
- an interest in sustainability & ethical production
- self-motivated, analytical, adaptable, proactive, result driven & hands on
- previous experience from the outdoor or sports segment is a plus
we believe in culture, people, technology, discipline, curiosity and humour.
the position is located at our hq in stockholm.
about the company
teenage engineering was founded in 2007. our first product was the OP-1, a portable all-in-one synthesizer used by world famous artists, sound designers and dj's.
other products range from the OD-11, a high-end wireless stereo loudspeaker, the ultra portable and ultra low cost pocket operators, the new op-z, multimedia synthesizer and sequencer workhorse.
our hq is located in stockholm, sweden. here a multidisciplinary team of software / electrical / mechanical engineers and industrial / textile /lifestyle designers are developing our products from start to finish. the studio is fully equipped workshop with state of the art rapid prototyping machines.
last day to apply for the position is 31st October 2023.